Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Furloughed.

Well, it happened at last. I am finally unable to outrun the dire predicament of the architecture market any longer.

Tomorrow is my last day in the office. Supposedly I will be back in a week and a half - only to be asked to do more work than they pay me for (and that's without the paycut earlier this year) and put my family through horrendous gyrations while I travel halfway across the world.

We will see - the last person to go out on furlough left at Thanksgiving and isn't back yet. We were recently taken over by another company, and their way of doing business is $*!&. They have recently made some really dubious decisions that make me question whether I even want to return. Too bad since I have been with them for years. I don't feel like I can write too much since I don't want to burn my bridges.

But I have to say it sucks.

4 comments:

Carol B said...

I hope it gets better for you soon!

Bridal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bridal said...

Great article! I have checked all contents of your blog, they all are so attractive and gorgeous, but that one you posted is pretty well.
Diamond Rings

Andrea said...

Thanks for the good wishes, Carol!