Monday, November 17, 2008

Not even Thanksgiving, but thinking about Christmas



With Thanksgiving coming so late this year, I found myself planting amarylis (Red Lion) and paperwhites this weekend. My husband can't stand the way the paperwhites smell (you either love 'em or hate 'em), but they are part of the season to me. Chloe was so excited to get them planted - I think it kicks off the holiday season for her.

But I draw the line there. No Christmas music til after Thanksgiving.

Presents on the other hand... I am not that wild about shopping, love finding the perfect present, and hate crowds. So I do try to get most of my gift buying done in Oct. and Nov.

I made this bracelet on Saturday as a gift. I tried to make it to the giftee's taste. Hopefully I have managed to put together something she will like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea, that bracelet is gorgeous! I will be begin making my Christmas presents very soon as well.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Lisa!