Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Election Day!


I am a political junkie. I love NPR, google news, the newspaper, the political section of the New Yorker, the Atlantic, and Sunday morning talking heads. I feel like I've overdosed over the last few months, and will be glad to see the back of the election.

I went to vote late this morning with Chloe. The wait wasn't too long, about 20 minutes, but not the usual straight-in I've experienced every other election since moving to Pennsylvania.

My husband moved here from England when we got married almost 17 years ago. He became a citizen this year and voted as an American for the first time today, so we will definitely be celebrating that this evening. I bought a few bottles of wine, so we can stay up and watch election returns tonight.

In the meantime though, it's a quiet, dreary, rainy afternoon here. So I think I will fire up my new torch and give it a try. If this is my last post, it's probably because I've burned the house down. (Or because I've sunk into deep depression after learning the election results, but hopefully not!)

Don't forget to vote!

No comments: